From today's featured article
Did you know ...
Interior of St. Martin, Sindelfingen
- ... that the flat wooden ceiling of St. Martin (pictured), the Lutheran main church of Sindelfingen built in the 11th century, is still preserved?
- ... that Cephas L. Bard, the first American physician in Ventura, California, was also the first person to die in the hospital he built there?
- ... that independent media and scholars estimate that thousands might have perished in the Yarkand Massacre in 2014?
- ... that Reconstructing Womanhood by Hazel Carby, about the history of American black women writers, was said to be a "landmark study" and "groundbreaking"?
- ... that Henry Stock designed the Peek Freans factory where, in 1929, Twiglets were invented?
- ... that despite a song duration limit of three minutes and thirty seconds at the Eurovision Song Contest 1957, the entry from Italy lasted over five minutes?
- ... that the search engine of Geliyoo was found to be retrieving its results from Google, in contrast to the company's claims of spending 10 million Turkish liras on development?
- ... that Jamie "Canhead" Keeton is also known as the "human suction cup"?