Kiltearn

Old Kiltearn church

Kiltearn (Gaelic: Cill Tighearna) is a parish in Ross and Cromarty, Scotland. It is in the Presbytery of Ross.

The principal settlement is the village of Evanton, and the parish extends almost to Dingwall and about halfway to Alness. The old Kiltearn church and burial ground are on the shore of the Cromarty Firth. The church is ruinous but dates from 1790.[1] The current church (Free Church Continuing) is on the main street in Evanton.

Churchyard

Kiltearn Parish Church

Notes

References

  • Mackenzie, Alexander (1898), History of the Munros of Fowlis, Inverness: Scottish Highlander Office
  • Munro, R. W. (1961), Monro's Western Isles of Scotland and Genealogies of the Clans, Edinburgh and London: Oliver and Boyd

Coordinates: 57°39′50″N 4°20′08″W / 57.66393°N 4.33555°W / 57.66393; -4.33555


This page was last updated at 2019-11-14 03:45 UTC. Update now. View original page.

All our content comes from Wikipedia and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.


Top

If mathematical, chemical, physical and other formulas are not displayed correctly on this page, please useFirefox or Safari